There are certain features which allow some homes to be more energy efficient than others. Having a new home builder design an energy efficient home can have a number of benefits like:
- A home which is energy efficient can help you cut costs in the long run.
- It helps improve the economy of your home
- You could stand proud and say that you have done your bit for the environment.
- An improved quality of life for you and your loved ones.
Let’s take a look at some of the ways you can ensure that your home is energy efficient
Innovative Home Builders: Melbourne Leads the Way
Also known as the advanced framing technique its main features are:
- Making use of a certain framing technique which can lower the need of costly materials like lumbar and certain metals.
- Using a technique like this can help save anywhere from $500 to $1000 for a 1200 sq feet home.
- It helps lower the costs of annual heating or cooling by as much as 5%
- Visit the following award winning home builders Melbourne Australia
Imagine the amount you would save each year apart from having a home which is environment friendly as well.
Finding the Right Exterior Door
The decision to buy an exterior door can greatly increase your chance of:
- Keeping your home warm or cool during the winter and summer months.
- Help make your home more energy efficient.
- Personalize your home to suit your budget and taste.
Reflective Cool Roofs
A cool roof can save energy costs by reflecting the light. It can be made up of:
- Be painted upon by a special light reflective paint
- Or be covered by certain substances to help ward off sunlight.
Cool roofs are especially beneficial to homes in warm climates where the costs of air conditioning often go sky high.
Skylights are an important feature of energy efficient homes. These can help by:
- Improving the light in your homes
- Providing proper ventilation
- Skylights must be of the right size to provide optimum results. It’s a rule of thumb that a skylight shouldn’t be more than 5% of the total flooring area.
Purchase Bathroom and Kitchen Fixture With Energy Star Ratings
Buying items which have a high energy star rating can help you save a great deal of money every year.
Use Light Colors When Painting The Exterior of your Homes
The color you paint your exterior walls can help regulate the temperature inside the home. Using light colors on exterior walls can keep homes cooler in warm weather. However if your home is prone to cold weather you might consider using dark color on the walls.
Having Your Home Insulated
Insulated homes tend to stay warmer during cold weather. This can in turn lower the cost of heating. However there are only specific kinds of insulations for homes. Make sure to have a detailed talk with your new home builder regarding one which might be perfect for your home.
Flooring can reduce costs to quite an extent. Having carpets installed on the floor can help trap the heat. Similarly floors like ceramic and marble tend to be cooler during warm months. Choose flooring wisely, it will help your home become more energy efficient.